Ramayana- Reading Notes Part B

 One of the ideas that stuck out to me the most from reading the Ramayana Part B was the way in which I could use multiple seperate 100 word stories to tie together one main story. These stories could be written in a way that each one is a short and concise piece of a larger puzzle. I think in breaking up a larger story in such a way helps to definitely keep me engaged and connected into what is happening and most likely will do the same for readers.

This idea was readily expressed to me in the way that the two stories, Ravana Visits Maricha and Maricha Becomes a Golden Deer. From just glancing at these two story titles, one would not readily realize that they are connected. However, once you start reading you can see that the first is like a prelude to the second. I also enjoyed these two stories because they set up a long chase of cat and mouse with different twist and turns that I did not expect. 

From this chain of stories I think it would be interesting to turn it into a heroic love story. One thing I have realized about some of these 100 word stories is that they sometimes carry on for 15-20 individual stories and then get jumbled up in my head due to the use of so many words I am unfamiliar with and having to look up. However, this particular chain of stories contained in Part B has given me many ideas that I think would work really well in a project. From using this to create a story of a king on a mission for his wife, to her being captured and him returning to save her.

Another thought that I had was even to combine many of these 100 word stories and turn them into a longer one? 

Golden Deer from Wikimedia Commons


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me:)

Week 5 Story: Gossip and the Swim Day