Ramayana- Reading Notes Part A

 Many stories contained in the Ramayana Part A are very interesting and unique and unlike many that I have ever read. Through reading these I see many different ways in which I could change up characters, settings or outcomes to put my own twist on a story.

One particular story that stuck out to me was 32. Rama Faces Tataka. In this story, Vishvamitra takes Rama to the forest to teach him to harness supernatural powers. Then when Tataka arrives, Vishvamitra tells Rama to kill her, but he protests because she is a woman. When Vishvamitra responds with, "The enemy has no gender," I was surprised because in my mind this was set in such a time where women would have been looked down on greatly. Seeing this, I could imagine myself using this story in a modern everyday setting.

The stories of Sita were also interesting to me and ones that could be fun to write about. A whole storybook could be created around Sita as she is doing many different things from cooking, to surprising her sisters, to meeting strangers and pleading with Rama to upgrade the city and the houses within it.
These stories are comprised on pages four and five.
Sita from Wikemedia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me:)

Week 5 Story: Gossip and the Swim Day